Page 177 of 686 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277677 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 10281
    Team
    Jacoby Jones
    Array
    I'm just imagining breeno picking up a barbell and swinging it around like a windmill in the middle of the gym.

Team
    Adelaide
    Other
    Baltimore Ravens, Chicago Bulls, Clemson Tigers
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Ball So Hard View Post
    I'm just imagining breeno picking up a barbell and swinging it around like a windmill in the middle of the gym.
    While shouting "COME AT ME VEGGIE ****S"?

Team
    West Coast
    Other
    Everton
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by breeno View Post
    He said A blood types still need all three sources, just once every 2 days for red meat as opposed to nearly every day for O blood types

He's been sponsored to study in America, and is probably the leanest and biggest dude I have ever seen in real life, so I'm willing to take his advice. Unlike most PTs who are skinny as fuck or look decent, this guy is sitting at about 6% body fat and actually looks like a bodybuilder. His studies have been an adaptation of of D'Adamo's work, and as a bodybuilder has tried and tested it in extensive practicality. He still emphasises red meat as necessary for putting on muscle, there isn't much disputing that, just that I should be gaining most of my protein from fish/chicken, whilst red meating it up every 2-3 days.

I'm not excusing my lack of eating red meat due to my blood type either, I know that is due to my digestive disorder and red meat sits heavy.

If you're thinking the $50 was just for him to tell me that and write up a diet plan, I've misled you there, I spent a good hour and a half talking nutrition/supplements/techniques with him today, the blood typing was just the most significant.
    Anecdotes and personal experience =/= scientific proof.

I am not saying it doesnt work but it sounds like this guy has a vested financial interest in talking up the diet.
    Quote Originally Posted by WCEForeverman View Post
    Where's Masto?
    Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    Only question for me is which one will transcend their respective game more. I'm think Sheed will be a Jordan-esque figure, and Stones to have the statistical dominance of a Gretzky.

Team
    North Melbourne
    Array
    Anecdotes and personal experience =/= scientific proof.

I am not saying it doesnt work but it sounds like this guy has a vested financial interest in talking up the diet.
    He's a personal trainer at a gym, he gets his quota of clients regardless. I approached him, not the other way around. He doesn't go spruiking this idea as the newest craze or fad, he was quietly going about his work and I started asking him for some supplement advice (turns out he works at a supplement store in the CBD). He said once he frees up he'll give me an assessment, give me some supplement advice and if necessary write up a diet. I felt like it was necessary since I'm plateauing hard and I know it's my eating that's the trouble, so I asked if he could write one up for me. There's nothing sinister to it.

You forget to miss the bit about being sponsored to study in America? By extensive practicality, he has tested it on dozens of people as well as himself.

He doesn't just write up these diets either.

But hey I should probably listen to your tips because some average guy off the net > bodybuilder.
    Last edited by breeno; 14th February 2012 at 06:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LondonCalling View Post

* - Taller girls are already limited in their options for who they fuck...for some reason they insist on wearing heels on top of this to exemplify the fact they're a freak.

Team
    SMASH
    Other
    MOUTH
    Array
    1. he hasn't scientifically tested it
    2. I had a look on google scholar and couldn't find shit about this hypothesis
    ALL THAT GLITTERS IS GOLD

Team
    West Coast Eagles
    Other
    Dev One
    Array
    Girl on FB "I've been eating steamed vegetables twice a day and that's it, health kick come at me"

Me: "That isn't healthy, your body needs other sources of nutrition..."

Her: "I'm skinnier than you so I know what I'm doing"

Me: "Skinny doesn't mean low fat levels"

Her: "My BMI is 19.5"

Me: "ok, you do that."
    Lol, girls and fitness.....

Just spent the weekend with the missus at interconn hotel, my diet consisted of tim tams, oreos, magnum egos and various other chocolates and ice creams. Probably sitting at 200% body fat atm

Team
    West Coast
    Other
    Everton
    Array
    He's a personal trainer at a gym, he gets his quota of clients regardless. I approached him, not the other way around. He doesn't go spruiking this idea as the newest craze or fad, he was quietly going about his work and I started asking him for some supplement advice (turns out he works at a supplement store in the CBD). He said once he frees up he'll give me an assessment, give me some supplement advice and if necessary write up a diet. I felt like it was necessary since I'm plateauing hard and I know it's my eating that's the trouble, so I asked if he could write one up for me. There's nothing sinister to it.

You forget to miss the bit about being sponsored to study in America? By extensive practicality, he has tested it on dozens of people as well as himself.

He doesn't just write up these diets either.

But hey I should probably listen to your tips because some average guy off the net > bodybuilder.
    I never said their was anything sinister about it. Hell, I never even said that this diet didn't work!

I was just trying to encourage some skeptical thinking.

If it does there should be heaps of scientific articles and research around this. If there isn't, then that should be a red flag.

Where is he going to study in America btw?
    Last edited by WCEForeverman; 14th February 2012 at 11:46 AM.
    Where's Masto?
    Only question for me is which one will transcend their respective game more. I'm think Sheed will be a Jordan-esque figure, and Stones to have the statistical dominance of a Gretzky.

Team
    West Coast
    Other
    Everton
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Triptanes View Post
    I'm pretty sketical of any way nutrition plan for athletes that needs to go much further than breaking foods into carbohydrate, protein and fat. This doesn't sound much different Blood type diet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Lets face it, if that vegetarian girl said she was that way because she had A type blood, you'd probably think she was a little wacky. And you could probably buy the original book / look it up on the net for cheaper.
    One of the major criticisms of the book was lack of clinical trials.

I also found this paper, which is interesting:

http://fatlab.biology.dal.ca/docs/da...-NSIS-2005.pdf
    Last edited by WCEForeverman; 14th February 2012 at 11:46 AM.
    Where's Masto?

This Is AFL | AFL Forum stevebull's Avatar
    Team
    Wolves
    Other
    Crows, Rockets
    Array
    Think basing a diet on bloodtype is abit overkill and any advantage you would be getting is minimal. As long as your getting the right foods then you should be able to reach your goals. But hey...its just advice man...you can do whatever the FUCK YOU WANT.

Team
    West Coast
    Other
    Arsenal, NYK
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebull View Post
    Think basing a diet on bloodtype is abit overkill and any advantage you would be getting is minimal. As long as your getting the right foods then you should be able to reach your goals. But hey...its just advice man...you can do whatever the FUCK YOU WANT.
    #dubanomics

Team
    North Melbourne
    Array
    I never said their was anything sinister about it. Hell, I never even said that this diet didn't work!

I was just trying to encourage some skeptical thinking.

If it does there should be heaps of scientific articles and research around this. If there isn't, then that should be a red flag.

Where is he going to study in America btw?
    I know, but it's pretty insulting that you guys seem to assume I haven't thought sceptically. I've seen this shit work on my dad (has now dropped 8kgs in about 2-3 months whilst putting on some lean muscle), my uncle has ripped up and a couple of my friends have made some pretty good gains since taking on this guy's advice.

I can't recall specifically, it was only one of the state universities, but one of the guys I'm mates with (have been since primary school) who used to work at my gym just as a membership consultant was telling me about it. He's still studying over here, but it's like most how they have the opportunity to go overseas to run their ideas through others in the field.

* - Taller girls are already limited in their options for who they fuck...for some reason they insist on wearing heels on top of this to exemplify the fact they're a freak.

Team
    North Melbourne
    Array
    k im not gonna follow the advice of a bodybuilder because wolfgang said so

This Is AFL | AFL Forum stevebull's Avatar
    Team
    Wolves
    Other
    Crows, Rockets
    Array
    I mean your looking alright now and you didnt get there by no phaggy ass vampire blood diet

Team
    Essendon
    Other
    Arsenal, Pats, Cavs, Jason Day
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by r dub View Post
    Yeah I'm going to try chill tuna on sandwhich with cheese and peri peri sauce.
    Interest acquired. Giving it a try now
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Suarez, Victim of Shoulder Barge
    "In no way it happened how you have described, as a bite or intent to bite. After the impact I lost my balance, making my body unstable and falling on top of my opponent. I hit my face against the player… leaving a small bruise on my cheek and a strong pain in my teeth."

Team
    West Coast
    Other
    Arsenal, NYK
    Array
    Pretty obv answer to equation here: rage + blood diet nutrition = steron cover up story
    #dubanomics