Page 281 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 181 231 271279280281282283 291 331 381 781 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,215 of 15011
    Team
    Jacoby Jones
    Array
    Speaking of facebook, just copped an epic facebook stalk from some asian chick I met in QLD.

My walls have been breached.

Team
    Richmond, Hearts
    Other
    Knicks, Kimi Raikkonen
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Ball So Hard View Post
    What kind of deadset fuck head of a guy, breaks up with heir girlfriend on her birthday.

?
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah_nah View Post
    This is TIA, we will pretend to be disgusted at the average and then fap to it later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    How can you watch soccer then? 80% of the sport is based on judging a player based on his transfer fee

Team
    Jacoby Jones
    Array
    McDonalds probably has more antibiotics in it then the very antibiotics you take. Doctors should stop prescribing medicine and just tell people to eat McDonalds. Something that can last 6 months without rotting can only be good for you really. It has like life expanding powers
    Would this require me spending my life in a freezer like said patty?

Team
    West Ham
    Other
    Teams that lose to West Ham
    Array
    Speaking of facebook, just copped an epic facebook stalk from some asian chick I met in QLD.

My walls have been breached.
    When a guy stalks a girl they go out and get a restraining order

When a girl stalks a guy they go out buy some condoms, some lube and leave the front door open
    Like I said before. He hits that we go 1-0 up. Eto'o doesn't score straight away, but with the way we set up, Chelsea would've scored, but we would've had 11 men, and who knows what would happen. Alas though

Team
    Jacoby Jones
    Array
    When a guy stalks a girl they go out and get a restraining order

When a girl stalks a guy they go out buy some condoms, some lube and leave the front door open
    Such is life.

Except my doors are dead locked.

Team
    West Ham
    Other
    Teams that lose to West Ham
    Array
    Such is life.

Except my doors are dead locked.
    Dont worry, im sure she can just pick the lock anyway. Makes the thrill of the chase even more exciting I spose
    Like I said before. He hits that we go 1-0 up. Eto'o doesn't score straight away, but with the way we set up, Chelsea would've scored, but we would've had 11 men, and who knows what would happen. Alas though

Team
    Jacoby Jones
    Array
    Dont worry, im sure she can just pick the lock anyway. Makes the thrill of the chase even more exciting I spose
    The thrill wouldn't stop just there.

Weird unit.

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by P.A.F.C View Post
    Any guitar teacher of mine could have done that, who gives a shit?

I love Hendrix, but music moved away from the idea of a guitar god decades ago, and it's not going to come back. But yeah, nice revival stuff. Could get a run with the a nice Hendrix tribute band.
    Dude you're showing how little you know about John Mayer. He can hardly be called a revivalist. In fact probably the biggest criticism is that he has the chops of most of the blues legends but plays music far too poppy to showcase that.

The reason i like John Mayer is because, (And i'm going to arrogantly say this as a man who knows guitar better than you), he is potentially one of the best guitarists going around today and i enjoy how he has previously placed blues influenced guitar in a soul / pop format. If you'd taken the time to actually listen to some of his more guitar influenced songwriting you'd know that he in fact is someone who is very melodically influenced and strays far away from the general major pentatonic / blues scales such as those he's favouring in the clip above - because he is a good pop songwriter.

Not once on this forum have i claimed that everyone should like him, like the Kanye fanbois on this forum. I appreciate his music, i have mentioned once or twice that i enjoy his music and that its a guilty pleasure of mine. I readily admit that he is not the greatest musician in the world, unlike Kanye fanbois. In fact, all i've said is that as a guitarist he's one of my greatest influences (and in my opinion a mile ahead of the guys in a Hendrix tribute band; seeing as i've both seen and played with alot of them) and that i have a massive mancrush on him.

Furthermore, i think you'll find theres a bit more respect for him on this forum than other posters would be willing to admit

Either way, all i know is that a lot of you have some spite against me and try to attack alot of my music taste when all i do is present my opinion, which i might add is what forums are for. But let me add that if you're going to do it, at least do it with some semblance of credibility and research in the attacks.

TL;DR:
    RIP Manorei, dropping the fait in heaven

Team
    Manchester United
    Other
    Essendon, Sporting Gijón
    Array
    It's only because you're so touchy about it that it's become such a talking point.
    ¡Vamos!

Team
    Hawthorn
    Other
    Liverpool
    Array
    So I went.

Asked for a Caesar wrap, they don't make them after 11pm. WHY THE FUCK NOT!!??
    ​hohoh

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Neville Neville View Post
    It's only because you're so touchy about it that it's become such a talking point.
    Have maybe been attacked over it twice, it stems from me seeming like such a wanker with music every now and then that people think that i think my tastes are perfect compared to everyone elses. No, its basically dogcrap music that i listen to but i still enjoy talking about other musicians and stuff.

Team
    Hawthorn
    Other
    Liverpool
    Array
    I like John Mayer's stuff.
    ​hohoh

This Is AFL | AFL Forum P.A.F.C's Avatar
    Team
    Port Adelaide
    Other
    West Bromwich Albion
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by KaLL View Post
    Dude you're showing how little you know about John Mayer. He can hardly be called a revivalist. In fact probably the biggest criticism is that he has the chops of most of the blues legends but plays music far too poppy to showcase that.

The reason i like John Mayer is because, (And i'm going to arrogantly say this as a man who knows guitar better than you), he is potentially one of the best guitarists going around today and i enjoy how he has previously placed blues influenced guitar in a soul / pop format. If you'd taken the time to actually listen to some of his more guitar influenced songwriting you'd know that he in fact is someone who is very melodically influenced and strays far away from the general major pentatonic / blues scales such as those he's favouring in the clip above - because he is a good pop songwriter.

Not once on this forum have i claimed that everyone should like him, like the Kanye fanbois on this forum. I appreciate his music, i have mentioned once or twice that i enjoy his music and that its a guilty pleasure of mine. I readily admit that he is not the greatest musician in the world, unlike Kanye fanbois. In fact, all i've said is that as a guitarist he's one of my greatest influences (and in my opinion a mile ahead of the guys in a Hendrix tribute band; seeing as i've both seen and played with alot of them) and that i have a massive mancrush on him.

Furthermore, i think you'll find theres a bit more respect for him on this forum than other posters would be willing to admit

Either way, all i know is that a lot of you have some spite against me and try to attack alot of my music taste when all i do is present my opinion, which i might add is what forums are for. But let me add that if you're going to do it, at least do it with some semblance of credibility and research in the attacks.

TL;DR:
    So you post a clip of him playing and then say 'no no, don't listen to that, listen to his good stuff?'. I've heard his pop songs and I've heard his covers of Axis of Love and Crossroads and i'm not impressed by either.

You probably are better at guitar than me, I haven't played for years, but I did the performance part of year 12 music for my SACE and know enough theory. It's nice to know that he is 'melodically influenced', but I simply don't think his pop songs are that great, i'm sure he'll win a couple of Grammys in the future though. There are much much better songwriters out there. And as I said, i'm not impressed by his guitar skills, because we're not in the era of guitarists trying to prove that they can play.

I have nothing against you, I'm not sure why you turn every comment of mine into a personal attack on you. Fairly sure I've complimented you on the music you posted on here a while ago.

its not rape if its spang yeah_nah's Avatar
    Team
    WCE
    Other
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblah View Post
    So I went.

Asked for a Caesar wrap, they don't make them after 11pm. WHY THE FUCK NOT!!??
    IMO They probably don't "make" anything after 11pm, they just reheat it and give it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jihad View Post
    I get home and my spastic cat has smashed a bottle of aftershave. He smells really nice but I almost went my final form when I walked in

Array
    I hate doing this multiquote thing

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.F.C View Post
    So you post a clip of him playing and then say 'no no, don't listen to that, listen to his good stuff?'. I've heard his pop songs and I've heard his covers of Axis of Love and Crossroads and i'm not impressed by either.
    That was more a joke about the sideways bit tbh

While i love Bold As Love, i don't really like Crossroads - though i think the solo's in both are brilliant. Don't expect you to think so, but to call it blues revivalist is a bit unfair. It's just a guy playing songs he loves - would like him to do more of it personally. Plus the solo in crossroads is pretty unconventional for a Crossroads solo.

You probably are better at guitar than me, I haven't played for years, but I did the performance part of year 12 music for my SACE and know enough theory. It's nice to know that he is 'melodically influenced', but I simply don't think his pop songs are that great, i'm sure he'll win a couple of Grammys in the future though. There are much much better songwriters out there. And as I said, i'm not impressed by his guitar skills, because we're not in the era of guitarists trying to prove that they can play.
    The only reason i'd be better than you at guitar is because its all i do with my life, i'm average realistically and theres many better players out there. Its the same with Mayer, i'm sure theres many much better artists out there and he's certainly not the cream of the crop. But he's, in my opinion at least, far from average.

I'm interested to know which pop songs of his you have heard. He's had a particular career progression, and in my posts i'm referring explicitly to stuff off of Continuum. I think Gravity is probably the best example of what i talk about in regards to soul influenced songwriting and melodic solo's. If theres any criticism that i would have its that he becomes a guitar wanker when he plays it live - though i love that

I have nothing against you, I'm not sure why you turn every comment of mine into a personal attack on you. Fairly sure I've complimented you on the music you posted on here a while ago.
    I'm moreso pissed off at myself for misrepresenting my views and i attempt to aggressively nut them out rather than it being me attempting to rebut personal attacks. Most things you might have against me is because i've come off as a wanker on the forum previously.

But to be fair, i was pissed that me calling a song 'good rather than phenomenal' turned into a 'you like john mayer and he sucks'.

I should add that i don't think the guy is perfect either, his last album was pretty miserable. Think that stemmed from him getting arrogant more than anything. I mean 'Battle Studies' and 'Heartbreak Warfare' ffs?