Page 359 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 259 309 349357358359360361 369 409 459 859 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,385 of 15011
    Team
    West Coast
    Other
    Arsenal, NYK
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    Umm what? Those hips couldnt be any more perfect
    Her hips don't lie.
    #dubanomics

Team
    West Coast Eagles
    Other
    QPR, Seahawks, Coasters, Paramatta
    Array
    What do you do Narkee?

Have you applied for any jobs Demba Ba? I remembered you said your marks weren't great? Stopped you getting a job?

Team
    Collingwood
    Other
    Port Adelaide Magpies. San Antonio Spurs, Newcastle United. Wellington Pheonix
    Array
    Speaking of which, I fell in a ditch on Wednesday chest first into a wheelbarrow handle. Pain has been escalating since (probably in part because I continued about life as normal including working everyday) Just got back from the doctors. Cracked ribs.

So much pain and the worst thing is there is no cure but Panadene Forte and basically waiting to heal. Coughing, laughing, sitting upright from a laying down position and ESPECIALLY sneezing are amongst the things that are out of the question for me.

Not even gonna look at funny pictures thread because I'm too scared to giggle

Team
    University
    Other
    the ducks
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert1 View Post
    Speaking of which, I fell in a ditch on Wednesday chest first into a wheelbarrow handle. Pain has been escalating since (probably in part because I continued about life as normal including working everyday) Just got back from the doctors. Cracked ribs.

So much pain and the worst thing is there is no cure but Panadene Forte and basically waiting to heal. Coughing, laughing, sitting upright from a laying down position and ESPECIALLY sneezing are amongst the things that are out of the question for me.

Not even gonna look at funny pictures thread because I'm too scared to giggle
    Stock up on the forte. Shits amaze

Team
    Collingwood
    Other
    Port Adelaide Magpies. San Antonio Spurs, Newcastle United. Wellington Pheonix
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfGang View Post
    Stock up on the forte. Shits amaze
    Not normally one to visit doctors.... Would be lying if I said this didn't have a hand in the decision to go

Team
    Geelong
    Other
    Liverpool, New Orleans Saints, OKC
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by trigg View Post
    What do you do Narkee?
    Analyst for a property developer. Also spent some time in Corporate Finance doing financial modelling and company valuations for a Big 4 accounting firm.

Team
    West Coast Eagles
    Other
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    Analyst for a property developer. Also spent some time in Corporate Finance doing financial modelling and company valuations for a Big 4 accounting firm.
    What was life in the Big 4 like?

I'm currently studying a Business degree with majors in Accounting and Finance and working full time in an Accounting type position. I feel like the Finance side of things really interests me more, I'm thinking of changing industries (or look to at least), when I graduate midway through next year.

Team
    LFC
    Other
    Essendon. Chicago
    Array
    Speaking as someone who cruised through uni, graduated with decent marks but nothing special, and spent more time getting drunk and banging girls than bothering trying to make industry contacts or do free work experience - I'm gonna go against the general consensus of the last couple of pages and say fuck spending every free minute of your week sucking up to arrogant ****s in the industry who don't want to give undergrads the time of day. Get a job at a bar or target, party as much as you can while also keeping a decent balance with your study and enjoy the time you've got before shit gets real.

All points made by Embers & co are extremely valid, I'd just never change the way I did it.

Team
    Geelong
    Other
    Liverpool, New Orleans Saints, OKC
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by trigg View Post
    What was life in the Big 4 like?

I'm currently studying a Business degree with majors in Accounting and Finance and working full time in an Accounting type position. I feel like the Finance side of things really interests me more, I'm thinking of changing industries (or look to at least), when I graduate midway through next year.
    It fucking hard work but well worth it as it opens up so many opportunities (especially once you finish you CA or CFA). Already working in an accounting position will bode well for you once you graduate. I would try and get into the summer vacation training program at any of the big 4 if you plan to work at one of them. Alternatively have a crack at an IB but you will need to cracking marks to even get a sniff. I got to a few interviews, but didn't make it much further.

its not rape if its spang yeah_nah's Avatar
    Team
    WCE
    Other
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Array
    So the recruitment agency are putting my details forward to the job I applied for... good...

but they want professional references, said specifically no personal and only from relevant jobs.
    I have only had one relevant job for the last 3.5 years, which is where I work right now. Not really going to go up to my boss and be like Hey mate, wanna give me a reference. I don't have a job yet but as soon as I do LOLCYA

These recruitment phaggots really need to get a clue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jihad View Post
    I get home and my spastic cat has smashed a bottle of aftershave. He smells really nice but I almost went my final form when I walked in

Team
    North Melbourne
    Array
    Make 'em up dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by LondonCalling View Post

* - Taller girls are already limited in their options for who they fuck...for some reason they insist on wearing heels on top of this to exemplify the fact they're a freak.

this one's for yeah_nah flight23's Avatar
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Jobe View Post
    Speaking as someone who cruised through uni, graduated with decent marks but nothing special, and spent more time getting drunk and banging girls than bothering trying to make industry contacts or do free work experience - I'm gonna go against the general consensus of the last couple of pages and say fuck spending every free minute of your week sucking up to arrogant ****s in the industry who don't want to give undergrads the time of day. Get a job at a bar or target, party as much as you can while also keeping a decent balance with your study and enjoy the time you've got before shit gets real.

All points made by Embers & co are extremely valid, I'd just never change the way I did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbloke V2 View Post
    JE D▄ES WJAT HE WANTSSSSSSSSS DPG─OKE
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblah View Post
    You will win KaLL. Over my drug fucked, alcohol ridden body will these emo ****s "win".
    Quote Originally Posted by MelanieJ View Post
    fuck harrytier o'mumba why is the **** never dropped

Team
    West Coast Eagles
    Other
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah_nah View Post
    So the recruitment agency are putting my details forward to the job I applied for... good...

but they want professional references, said specifically no personal and only from relevant jobs.
    I have only had one relevant job for the last 3.5 years, which is where I work right now. Not really going to go up to my boss and be like Hey mate, wanna give me a reference. I don't have a job yet but as soon as I do LOLCYA

These recruitment phaggots really need to get a clue.
    How do you expect them to take your experience at that job into consideration without any references?

Team
    North Melbourne
    Array
    Nearly ran over a cyclist before.

Turning left off a main road into a semi-main road. There's a pedestrian crossing there, but there's a fence obscuring the pathway until about 3 metres back from the crossing. Some old **** riding his pushbike decides to go bowling down that footpath, luckily stopping before the pedestrian crossing and thus avoiding getting run over.

Wonder how that one would go in court? Technically he shouldn't be riding his bike on the footpath (it could be argued that I was going slow enough to stop for someone walking/running, but as he was on a bike he approached the roundabout quicker than what a driver would be prepared for), also, I kind of was over the pedestrian crossing by the time he came up, so it could be argued I was already through the crossing.

Would be interesting but I feel I would lose considerably if I did end up running him over.
    Quote Originally Posted by LondonCalling View Post

* - Taller girls are already limited in their options for who they fuck...for some reason they insist on wearing heels on top of this to exemplify the fact they're a freak.

Team
    Richmond, Hearts
    Other
    Knicks, Kimi Raikkonen
    Array
    Got a text that says: "You have won 400,000 POUNDS in the 2012 UK mobile draw, Send your REF No: *ref no.* to email: *email address* for more info to claim your money Mr. Evan"

Seems legit.
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah_nah View Post
    This is TIA, we will pretend to be disgusted at the average and then fap to it later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    How can you watch soccer then? 80% of the sport is based on judging a player based on his transfer fee