Page 507 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 7407457497505506507508509517557607 ... LastLast
Results 7,591 to 7,605 of 15011
Like Tree12343Likes

AFL Forum | This Is AFL | Rolling Zone | Random Thoughts (Part II)

Team
    St Kilda, Rangers
    Other
    Adel Utd, Villa, Pittsburgh Penguins, Barca
    Array
    Vale azm
    Jimmies Status

[X] - Rustled
    [ ] - Unrustled

Champions of TIAFL Neville Neville's Avatar
    Team
    Manchester United
    Other
    Essendon, Sporting Gijón
    Array
    Just got a gmail account today as had to close my other webmail account.

Thought the 'dusk' skin looked good... then realised it looked too much like thisisafl.com
    "That out there was proper Test match cricket, that was bloody hard" - Ryan Harris

Team
    Manchester United
    Other
    Essendon, Sporting Gijón
    Array

Lovely isn't it?

It's a town in the east of Asturias, northern Spain (about 40k from Gijón). And it's called Poo.

No shit.
    "That out there was proper Test match cricket, that was bloody hard" - Ryan Harris

Team
    Manchester United
    Other
    Essendon, Sporting Gijón
    Array
    Cheech and drd23 like this.

This Is AFL | AFL Forum Histrionics's Avatar
    Team
    Collingwood
    Other
    Newcastle United
    Array
    If this is true, FUUUUUUCCKKKK

Three price lists that supposedly belong to Dick Smith have been leaked, suggesting that the Aussie retailer is planning a sale bigger than anything we’ve seen recently.
    The documents were leaked sometime today, and while they have not been confirmed as official Dick Smith price lists, Kotaku was able to match the codes of the products to their Dick Smith listing.

Among the items on sale include PSPs ($40), Xbox 360s ($100), Nintendi DSis (starting from $20), Super Smash Bro. Brawl ($15), Assassin’s Creed 2 for 360 ($5), Bulletstorm ($5), Lego Harry Potter ($5), and Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 on PSP ($1).
    Leaked Price List Shows Dick Smith Might Be Having A Ridiculous Sale [UPDATE] | Kotaku Australia

Team
    West Coast Eagles
    Array
    It's an April fools prank ^

This Is AFL | AFL Forum Histrionics's Avatar
    Team
    Collingwood
    Other
    Newcastle United
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Dev One View Post
    ????????

I want to believe
    Last edited by Histrionics; 30th March 2012 at 09:31 AM.

Team
    Boston Celtics
    Other
    West Ham United, Adelaide Crows, North Carolina Tar Heels
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Dev One View Post
    https://twitter.com/#!/DickSmith/sta...56884448669697

Helix be praised

Team
    Jacoby Jones
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Histrionics View Post

Not believing.
    Narkee likes this.
    #believe

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrigan View Post
    Fuck you Russ you fuckin hack.
    quarterbacking hoes

Team
    Collingwood, MUFC
    Other
    Baltimore Ravens, Portland Trailblazers, Eintracht Frankfurt
    Array
    ripping some huge farts.

whoever is sitting around us at the footy tonight is gonna have a shit one (no pun intended).

Eat it MCC snobs.
    Superbowl Champions

Team
    North Sydney Bears
    Other
    Liverpool, Essendon, Aust + NSW cricket, Chicago Cubs
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheech View Post
    ripping some huge farts.

whoever is sitting around us at the footy tonight is gonna have a shit one (no pun intended).

Eat it MCC snobs.
    My diet of the last day or so has included a lamb and tzatziki roll, a can of baked beans on toast and a big scrambled eggs on toast, with the possibility of more beans.

Then off to work. fellow employees
    Quote Originally Posted by Triptanes View Post
    Was there last night, but had a case of the yeah_nahs yesterday and was tired, just drinking water and hoping I didn't yeah_nah my pants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eboue View Post
    Cue the nickname 'Poo-ey Pants' for the rest of the year. Thanks, mum.

Team
    St Kilda, Rangers
    Other
    Adel Utd, Villa, Pittsburgh Penguins, Barca
    Array
    I used to think my cousin was crazy, but now I can see she is completely nuts. She is forever going on about this new Marxist kick she is on and joining protests and the like (yes she is a uni student.) But now on her FB feed she is promoting a protest in Melbourne against Israel and their "Apartheid" treatment of Palestinians. I think it is happening tonight your time. Just having a wander through their page, I found an interesting discussion.

A guy whose family grew up as Jews in Russia and the associated trials and tribulations that his grandparents and parents went through during the war years until finally in the 90's were able to escape to Australia and start a new life. He was speaking from a personal experience of Jewish oppression and also his family history and how the Palestinians should get over themselves and build a proper existence where they are instead of trying to get back into a piece of land that is no longer theirs.

He was saying how many people around the world have been displaced from their homelands due to conflicts and instead of continuing the conflict, they make do with what they have and build a civilisation. In this day and age, it's not hard yet they want to keep up a conflict that is just beyond ridiculous now. He said it a lot more eloquently than I have, anyway.

So what do they do? They attack him and say they don't respect him for having a family that survived one holocaust and genocide and now supporting another genocide. One of his backers hit back with "Not much of a genocide when the Palestinian population keeps going up."

So in conclusion, my cousin supports a group of uni students here in Australia who think they know more about a conflict than a guy whose family has lived it.

I have no words to describe how disappoint I am in her.
    Jimmies Status

[X] - Rustled
    [ ] - Unrustled

Team
    North Sydney Bears
    Other
    Liverpool, Essendon, Aust + NSW cricket, Chicago Cubs
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by TheStinger View Post
    I used to think my cousin was crazy, but now I can see she is completely nuts. She is forever going on about this new Marxist kick she is on and joining protests and the like (yes she is a uni student.) But now on her FB feed she is promoting a protest in Melbourne against Israel and their "Apartheid" treatment of Palestinians. I think it is happening tonight your time. Just having a wander through their page, I found an interesting discussion.

A guy whose family grew up as Jews in Russia and the associated trials and tribulations that his grandparents and parents went through during the war years until finally in the 90's were able to escape to Australia and start a new life. He was speaking from a personal experience of Jewish oppression and also his family history and how the Palestinians should get over themselves and build a proper existence where they are instead of trying to get back into a piece of land that is no longer theirs.

He was saying how many people around the world have been displaced from their homelands due to conflicts and instead of continuing the conflict, they make do with what they have and build a civilisation. In this day and age, it's not hard yet they want to keep up a conflict that is just beyond ridiculous now. He said it a lot more eloquently than I have, anyway.

So what do they do? They attack him and say they don't respect him for having a family that survived one holocaust and genocide and now supporting another genocide. One of his backers hit back with "Not much of a genocide when the Palestinian population keeps going up."

So in conclusion, my cousin supports a group of uni students here in Australia who think they know more about a conflict than a guy whose family has lived it.

I have no words to describe how disappoint I am in her.
    Yeah, but there's also issues of the amount of control over those in Palestine, the lack of recognition of them as a country, continued construction of settlements on their land etc etc that are large issues.
    Oh, and confusion over how a group of people such as the Jews who have had so much suffering over the last 100 years (and beyond that really, but in particular 1930's-40's) can then go and cause so much suffering to another group of people. Maybe not genocidal proportions but a huge amount of control that will not allow Palestinians to escape a cycle of poverty and violence that, frankly, is the root to half the problems over there. Terrorism is always going to flourish in desperate populations, it's much harder for a few power-hungry fuckwits to convince contented people who have a wide range of opportunities for them and their children, who have access to excellent services and are able to live with some higher level of freedom that they are suffering problems caused by other groups of people and the only answer is violence.

Probably why terrorism flourishes in middle east/areas of africa and is confined to tiny pockets of nutbags in the west
    Quote Originally Posted by Triptanes View Post
    Was there last night, but had a case of the yeah_nahs yesterday and was tired, just drinking water and hoping I didn't yeah_nah my pants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eboue View Post
    Cue the nickname 'Poo-ey Pants' for the rest of the year. Thanks, mum.

Team
    Fremantle Dockers
    Other
    East Fremantle Sharks
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Bear View Post
    Yeah, but there's also issues of the amount of control over those in Palestine, the lack of recognition of them as a country, continued construction of settlements on their land etc etc that are large issues.
    Oh, and confusion over how a group of people such as the Jews who have had so much suffering over the last 100 years (and beyond that really, but in particular 1930's-40's) can then go and cause so much suffering to another group of people. Maybe not genocidal proportions but a huge amount of control that will not allow Palestinians to escape a cycle of poverty and violence that, frankly, is the root to half the problems over there. Terrorism is always going to flourish in desperate populations, it's much harder for a few power-hungry fuckwits to convince contented people who have a wide range of opportunities for them and their children, who have access to excellent services and are able to live with some higher level of freedom that they are suffering problems caused by other groups of people and the only answer is violence.

Probably why terrorism flourishes in middle east/areas of africa and is confined to tiny pockets of nutbags in the west
    You're right to an extent, but not enough blame is placed on Israel's neighbours, who are content to maintain the Palestinian status-quo so that they can use the Palestinians as a pawn in their dick-measuring contests with Israel. The Palestinians have always been the red-haired stepchild (no offence Red Bear ) of the Middle East. Despite their talk about Pan-Arabism, even other Arabs don't give a shit about them (see the 1991 Palestinian expulsion from Kuwait, the 1948 occupation of the Gaza Strip by Egypt and the West Bank by Jordan). Other nations like Saudi Arabia have funded Hamas and other radical Palestinian groups (the ones who say stuff like "There is no negotiated settlement possible. Jihad is the only answer" in their charters) so that any attempts for a negotiated peace fail. While the rest of the Middle-East is egging them on to spill Jewish blood there's never going to be a peaceful end, and the Israelis will keep them under their thumb and the cycle continues

tl;dr everybody sucks
    KaLL and Neville Neville like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah_nah View Post
    I have shat myself as a grown-up (or at least old enough to not be shitting my pants) 3 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Bear View Post
    lol. I think I shat myself once as a grown up.

Team
    Western Bulldogs
    Other
    Baltimore Ravens, Western Wolves
    Array
    Politics thread

So I got up this morning, went outside and the first thing I heard was my creepy neighbour saying "What do you think you're doing eh, what do you think you're doing?" which scared the shit out of me. Then I realised he was talking to his dog
    Quote Originally Posted by breeno View Post
    He described it as "she tried to kiss me, I refused, then she laid down on her back. I pulled my pants off, stood over her, took my shit, paid my money then wiped my arse and got the fuck out of there whilst she lay there with a steaming pile of crap on her tits."