Page 621 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 121521571611619620621622623631671721 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,315 of 15011
Like Tree12343Likes

AFL Forum | This Is AFL | Rolling Zone | Random Thoughts (Part II)

  1. #9301
    #believe Ball So Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,380
    Team
    Jacoby Jones
    Array
    Rep Power:       54
    Reputation:       19260
    Quote Originally Posted by r dub View Post
    With all due respect, that's just stupidity and is on a completely different scale to me saying going over 10ks in a 60 zone.
    I complete agree, to which I said I understand why people get pissed off when getting named for going 5-10kph over when these idiots are the real issue.
    #believe

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrigan View Post
    Fuck you Russ you fuckin hack.
    quarterbacking hoes

  2. #9302
    Carchinderous. Zarrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,620
    Team
    Sydney Swans
    Other
    Everton, Swan Districts, Udinese, Eintracht Frankfurt, Gakorium FC
    Array
    Rep Power:       8
    Reputation:       2085
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah_nah View Post
    Speed and accident risk

    Go to the bottom of the page and read the Australian Study one.

    "This study indicates that exceeding the speed limit of 60 km/h by 5 km/h is comparable to the risk of a BAC of 0.05. The risk of exceeding the 60 km/h speed limit by 10 km/h is higher than driving with a BAC of 0.08."

    Probably true for roads where 60kph is a reasonable limit.

    Problem is that for quite a few roads about the place, a 60kph limit is set and it is too low a limit for the road, thus going over the speed limit won't have any real impact.

  3. #9303
    #believe Ball So Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,380
    Team
    Jacoby Jones
    Array
    Rep Power:       54
    Reputation:       19260
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah_nah View Post
    Speed and accident risk

    Go to the bottom of the page and read the Australian Study one.

    "This study indicates that exceeding the speed limit of 60 km/h by 5 km/h is comparable to the risk of a BAC of 0.05. The risk of exceeding the 60 km/h speed limit by 10 km/h is higher than driving with a BAC of 0.08."

    Yeah but when drunk people generally speed, so just double it for drinker drivers.
    #believe

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrigan View Post
    Fuck you Russ you fuckin hack.
    quarterbacking hoes

  4. #9304
    Feelankhamun Anchorman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Hicksville, Victoria
    Posts
    11,017
    Team
    Fremantle Dockers
    Other
    East Fremantle Sharks
    Array
    Rep Power:       54
    Reputation:       20454
    Video related to arguement*






    *actually isn't
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah_nah View Post
    I have shat myself as a grown-up (or at least old enough to not be shitting my pants) 3 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Bear View Post
    lol. I think I shat myself once as a grown up.

  5. #9305
    #believe Ball So Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,380
    Team
    Jacoby Jones
    Array
    Rep Power:       54
    Reputation:       19260
    Quote Originally Posted by breeno View Post
    At the end of the day, if you increased speed limits, people would still go that little bit over. 65 in a 60 zone would become 75 in a 70 zone and so on.
    Pretty much.

    Also, 60kph on Greensborough highway, feels like I could walk faster.
    breeno likes this.
    #believe

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrigan View Post
    Fuck you Russ you fuckin hack.
    quarterbacking hoes

  6. #9306
    Administrator r dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    31,935
    Team
    West Coast
    Other
    Arsenal, NYK
    Array
    Rep Power:       100
    Reputation:       19525
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah_nah View Post
    Speed and accident risk

    Go to the bottom of the page and read the Australian Study one.

    "This study indicates that exceeding the speed limit of 60 km/h by 5 km/h is comparable to the risk of a BAC of 0.05. The risk of exceeding the 60 km/h speed limit by 10 km/h is higher than driving with a BAC of 0.08."

    Source: Kloeden et al., 1997 , just sayin'

    Fwiw, wouldn't you say that BAC and it's effect is relative to the person?
    How does it feel to be Tottenham? How does it feel to be small? You sold Bale. We signed Mesut Özil, Mesut Özil, Mesut Özil.

  7. #9307
    Administrator r dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    31,935
    Team
    West Coast
    Other
    Arsenal, NYK
    Array
    Rep Power:       100
    Reputation:       19525
    Quote Originally Posted by Ball So Hard View Post
    Agree with this except for the first sentence. You would be amazed the difference between traveling at 60 and 70 and having to slam the breaks on. It takes something like half a second to register the hazard then another half/or second to actually put your foot on the break. In that time you've traveled a lot further going 10kph over added to the fact it will take longer to slow down.
    I still don't think the outcome is going to be fatal. Once again it's a rarity.
    How does it feel to be Tottenham? How does it feel to be small? You sold Bale. We signed Mesut Özil, Mesut Özil, Mesut Özil.

  8. #9308
    All-rounder yeah_nah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    13,847
    Team
    WCE
    Other
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Array
    Rep Power:       56
    Reputation:       20131
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarrix View Post
    Probably true for roads where 60kph is a reasonable limit.

    Problem is that for quite a few roads about the place, a 60kph limit is set and it is too low a limit for the road, thus going over the speed limit won't have any real impact.
    Are you an expert on setting speed limits? Because I'm not. If the limit is 60 imma go ahead and assume its 60 for a reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Brisbane Lions would be worse than guantanamo bay at the moment. With Rockliff and Pearce Hanley the cruel guards giving out cockmeat sandwiches.

  9. #9309
    All-rounder yeah_nah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    13,847
    Team
    WCE
    Other
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Array
    Rep Power:       56
    Reputation:       20131
    Quote Originally Posted by r dub View Post
    Source: Kloeden et al., 1997 , just sayin'

    Fwiw, wouldn't you say that BAC and it's effect is relative to the person?
    Yeah its just one study, cbfed looking for something more recent but I'm sure something is probably out there.

    Of course I'd say its all relative, ceteris paribus though I think they are equally as bad (on their own, as Ball So Hard said, Drink drivers are usually speeders too)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Brisbane Lions would be worse than guantanamo bay at the moment. With Rockliff and Pearce Hanley the cruel guards giving out cockmeat sandwiches.

  10. #9310
    This Is AFL | AFL Forum breeno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    6,332
    Team
    North Melbourne
    Array
    Rep Power:       36
    Reputation:       13520
    Quote Originally Posted by Ball So Hard View Post
    Pretty much.

    Also, 60kph on Greensborough highway, feels like I could walk faster.
    I go down it every day, but the hill coming down Erskine has led a few cars to fly onto the road and be t-boned on the highway, whilst I think they've somewhat slowed it down for the Army barracks (not sure why...)
    Quote Originally Posted by LondonCalling View Post

    * - Taller girls are already limited in their options for who they fuck...for some reason they insist on wearing heels on top of this to exemplify the fact they're a freak.

  11. #9311
    Administrator r dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    31,935
    Team
    West Coast
    Other
    Arsenal, NYK
    Array
    Rep Power:       100
    Reputation:       19525
    Fuck sake, scared to drive now.
    Narkee likes this.
    How does it feel to be Tottenham? How does it feel to be small? You sold Bale. We signed Mesut Özil, Mesut Özil, Mesut Özil.

  12. #9312
    Carchinderous. Zarrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,620
    Team
    Sydney Swans
    Other
    Everton, Swan Districts, Udinese, Eintracht Frankfurt, Gakorium FC
    Array
    Rep Power:       8
    Reputation:       2085
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah_nah View Post
    Are you an expert on setting speed limits? Because I'm not. If the limit is 60 imma go ahead and assume its 60 for a reason.
    Safety wouldn't be the only factor the governments consider when thinking up speed limits. One word: Revenue.

    Formula probably is something like *reasonable speed limit* - 10% of the reasonable speed limit.

    Add in stupid and regular speed limit changes, fixed cameras galore and you have money rolling in. And people not focused on the road properly.

    Government has it right in regards to drink driving though, can't defend that. Limit Should be lowered to 0.02 if anything. 0.08 limit in the US is ludicrous.

  13. #9313
    #SAS archiemoses's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    11,079
    Team
    West Coast
    Other
    Liverpool, Glory, Wildcats, Calgary Flames, Country Cats
    Array
    Rep Power:       34
    Reputation:       10476
    Watching Jackass 3D on fox and this is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen.

    We're up all night to get lucky

  14. #9314
    No. Narkee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    6,083
    Team
    Geelong
    Other
    Liverpool, New Orleans Saints
    Array
    Rep Power:       35
    Reputation:       13345
    You have a sickie for the ankle archiemoses?

  15. #9315
    #believe Ball So Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,380
    Team
    Jacoby Jones
    Array
    Rep Power:       54
    Reputation:       19260
    Quote Originally Posted by breeno View Post
    I go down it every day, but the hill coming down Erskine has led a few cars to fly onto the road and be t-boned on the highway, whilst I think they've somewhat slowed it down for the Army barracks (not sure why...)
    Yeah Erskine road is pretty dangerous, drops off big time. Speaking of which I took that road coming back from the gym and there was a speed camera there.
    #believe

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrigan View Post
    Fuck you Russ you fuckin hack.
    quarterbacking hoes

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •