Can feel another cup coming on... ohhhhh campione the one and onlyyyyy

@CaptainUniverse James Pattinson's Avatar
    Team
    Carlton, LFC, Heat
    Other
    Patrick Cripps
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    Liverpool have played nine games without Charlie Adam starting for the aggregate of 8-0-1.

@Mr. Dalglish
    #16 - PATRICK CRIPPS

Team
    Liverpool
    Other
    Western Bulldogs, Milwaukee Bucks, KOL, Kanye, El Nino
    Array
    What do people think we should be targeting or what positions need the most tinkering for next season?

Considering we are going to be playing Europa League I'd suppose our squad will get larger then this season unless we promote more from the 18's etc.
    He's a keeper, a Belgian keeper!

Team
    West Coast Eagles
    Other
    Liverpool, Dallas Cowboys
    Array
    We need a striker and an attacking midfielder. A good attacking wide player would be very good too since kuyt and downing aren't up to it
    TIA Fragrance Guru

Team
    Sydney
    Other
    Liverpool; New England Patriots; Stanford Cardinal; Western Sydney Wanderers
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by charlieAdam10 View Post
    What do people think we should be targeting or what positions need the most tinkering for next season?

Considering we are going to be playing Europa League I'd suppose our squad will get larger then this season unless we promote more from the 18's etc.

Probably a RW and a ST.
    Your love is like Barry Venison,
    Barry Venison is what I need.
    Shake it up, like Barry Venison.

Team
    West Coast
    Other
    Liverpool, Glory, Wildcats, Calgary Flames, Country Cats
    Array
    Hazard.

That is all
    We're up all night to get lucky

Team
    Essendon
    Other
    Galatasaray, Liverpool
    Array
    Transfer
    Kelly Skrtel Transfer Enrique
    Transfer Lucas Transfer Transfer
    Suarez Transfer

Agger, Gerrard and Bellamy are unreliable so I didn't include them in the 11, would be best if we could get reliable players for those positions.

I think Reina will leave but Suarez will stay. And we need to get rid of crap such as Johnson, Aurelio, Jones, Maxi, Henderson, Downing, Adam, Carroll and Kuyt.

Team
    Carlton, LFC, Heat
    Other
    Patrick Cripps
    Array

I think we actually need to play Maxi in more games, he always finds himself in good positions and good goal scoring positions too, his age is a query going into next season and with more games as we're now in Europe again, we're going to need him a lot more than he has featured this season.

Aside from that, I'd love to see the kids promoted and given a chance in the Europa League group stages, lets see if they can cut it. Sterling, Suso, Adorjan, Morgan, Coady, lets all see them play in the first team.

Also, Kuyt said if Kenny doesn't pick him more often, he'll leave, so he can go as far as I'm concerned, good squad player over the journey, but not if we want to move forward.

Downing must go, if an offer comes in for Adam, we'd be silly to not consider it, same goes for Johnson and a few others.

We need a RW, first and foremost. Once we get a RW, we can work on a striker who can finish.

Aside from that, more games into Shelvey, Kelly, Coates and Henderson centrally, we should be okay.
    #16 - PATRICK CRIPPS

Team
    Carlton, LFC, Heat
    Other
    Patrick Cripps
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by KaaN10 View Post
    Transfer
    Kelly Skrtel Transfer Enrique
    Transfer Lucas Transfer Transfer
    Suarez Transfer

Agger, Gerrard and Bellamy are unreliable so I didn't include them in the 11, would be best if we could get reliable players for those positions.

I think Reina will leave but Suarez will stay. And we need to get rid of crap such as Johnson, Aurelio, Jones, Maxi, Henderson, Downing, Adam, Carroll and Kuyt.
    6 first team transfers is unrealistic. Although Agger and Gerrard slot in and it makes it 4, which is still unrealistic imo.

I'd keep Maxi as I stated and I'd keep Henderson for now, but I'd have no qualms if we sold the rest (inc. Carroll), but an offer wont come in for him.

We get Lucas back, so that's positive.

If Reina leaves, we'd be seriously struggling to find a great keeper for a cheap price, so I'd be tempted to give Gulacsi first crack at it, I rate him highly.
    #16 - PATRICK CRIPPS

Team
    Liverpool
    Other
    Array
    Right wing as most of you mentioned has to be first piritoary. If we are going to throw cash (which I doubt) it has to be in this poisistion. Someone who can actually consistently take on defenders and chip in with goals/assists, an Antonio Valencia type would be what we need IMO.

A striker, doesn't have to be expensive but someone who can poach and put the ball into the back of the net, someone who can turn nothing into something.

Reina
    Johnson/Kelly Skrtel Agger Enrique
    ?? Gerrard/Henderson Lucas Downing
    Suarez Carroll

Gulasci, Coates, Johnson/Kelly, Shelvey, Henderson, ??, ??

I'm confident Reina will stay to be honest, I just think the guy loves the club too much to leave and specially if we can bring home the F.A Cup also think he's our next captain.

I actually agree with you that if an offer come up for Johnson I'd agree we'd almost have to sell him given the class Kelly has but with Kelly being very injury prone and my lack of faith in Flanno I'd be wanting to keep Johnson. We may need another centre half because we will lose Carragher (surely he retires) unless we give Danny Wilson a chance to play first team.

As I mentioned we need a right winger, probably two, we have a fair few central midfield options, we hopefully sell my name-sake which leaves Gerrard, Henderson, Shelvey in the central midfield role and Lucas and Spearing in the defensive midfield role. Wouldn't mind seeing Coady given a few chances. I'll get slaughterd for this comment but I actually think Downing will improve, hopefully he ends the season on a good note cause the guy has class, but the guy has no confidence what's so ever and it doesn't help when the winger is too scared to try pass the full-back but I'm hoping we at-least give him until next Jan. We can only pray Sterling gets a run next season. Think 1 of Kuyt/Maxi will leave.

Again not one person will agree with me but I'm willing to persist with Carroll simply because when we actually play him this season most of the time we win funnily enough and he is slowly improving. He takes free's up Suarez and he gives us another dimension. We MUST sign another striker though. Bellamy can be used as a handy depth player.

Team
    Essendon
    Other
    Galatasaray, Liverpool
    Array
    Reina
    Johnson/Kelly Skrtel Agger Enrique
    ?? Gerrard/Henderson Lucas Downing
    Suarez Carroll
    It will just be a repeat of this year with this squad.

We either need to bring in first team players or bring in a new coach.

We need changes.

Team
    Liverpool
    Other
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by KaaN10 View Post
    It will just be a repeat of this year with this squad.

We either need to bring in new first team players or bring in a new coach.

We need changes.
    A lot of our fans under-estimate how much of a difference it will make having an effective right winger, as would not having Henderson on the right, or Adam in the middle and having substitutions on the bench that come on at a reasonable time and impact the game.

Team
    Essendon
    Other
    Galatasaray, Liverpool
    Array
    It's not just a right winger, we need a left winger and another striker at minimum.

If Downing and Carroll are going to be our #1 choice next season then we have problems.
    James Pattinson likes this.

Team
    Sydney
    Other
    Liverpool; New England Patriots; Stanford Cardinal; Western Sydney Wanderers
    Array
    I'm willing to persist with Carroll but Downing has to go. A club will buy him for ~8m even after his poor season imo, someone like Fulham, Sunderland, etc.
    Your love is like Barry Venison,
    Barry Venison is what I need.
    Shake it up, like Barry Venison.

Team
    Adelaide Crows
    Other
    San Antonio Spurs, Newcastle United, Seattle Seahawks, Tampa Bay Lightning
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    Liverpool have played nine games without Charlie Adam starting for the aggregate of 8-0-1.

I'd say it has more to do with the fact that when Adam doesn't play Gerrard generally does than the fact that Charlie Adam didn't play tbh.