Like Tree10Likes

AFL Forum | This Is AFL | A-League | 2011/12 Player Transfer/Activity thread

Team
    West Ham
    Other
    Teams that lose to West Ham
    Array
    Taggart had signed with CCM IIRC so he wasnt really released persay

Chris Coyne achille is fucked. You cant sign someone with that problem. Rumors were that Perth are trying to sign Zac Anderson from Gold Coast so Josh Mitchells departure probably opens up for that move

Todd Howarth move is bewildering to say the least. No doubt he gets a contract elsewhere.

As for Nick Ward Id say he is on a bargain basement deal hence why he signed. He would of just wanted to return to Perth and took the first contract they offered.
    Like I said before. He hits that we go 1-0 up. Eto'o doesn't score straight away, but with the way we set up, Chelsea would've scored, but we would've had 11 men, and who knows what would happen. Alas though

This Is AFL | AFL Forum that_dood's Avatar
    Team
    Perth Glory Arsenal
    Other
    Adelaide Crows
    Array
    Taggart signed for Newcastle but that was under the Tinkler regime so his contract is now in limbo.

Coyne won't get fit again so was always going to get released.

Anderson is probably a little better than Mitchell, and is younger. Although he did pay volleyball this year at Perth Oval in the penalty box and I thought he was the stupdest player I have ever seen so hopefully he matures a little. Looked good in the final few games for GCU so I don't mind that signing if it happens.

Shame Howarth is going. Very good squad player and with Andrezinho going and Berger continually injured, we have zero left wingers and Howarth could also fill in a left back. Poor decision by the Glory there.

Ward is only 27 which surprised me. Good signing on probably virtually no money as Embers said.

Massive slashing of the wage bill occuring at Glory. McGarry & Neville have both been offered vastly reduced wages. Wouldn't surprise me if both go. So much for Tony wanting to win the ACL, we will be in it for the first time next year (As long as the AFC don't change the rules again) and we will have a worse squad than this year.

Supposedly we are about to sign Zahra as well. So much for me knowing who we will sign!
    Deluded Glory fan since 1996

Team
    West Ham
    Other
    Teams that lose to West Ham
    Array
    Couldnt remember if it was Newcastle or CCM. Not sure what he will do now. Think he will find a contract elsewhere still. Everyone wants pace

Adrian Zahra and Chris Harold are in town so its safe to say they are signing contracts with the Glory

Ange is trying to steal Ben Halloran from the Roars grasp. He was expected to stay in Queensland and sign on for the Roar but Ange has other ideas
    Last edited by Embers; 28th April 2012 at 02:23 PM.
    Like I said before. He hits that we go 1-0 up. Eto'o doesn't score straight away, but with the way we set up, Chelsea would've scored, but we would've had 11 men, and who knows what would happen. Alas though

This Is AFL | AFL Forum Heppell's Avatar
    Array
    Want Halloran so bad and reckon we will get him with Ange in the job.

Also, shouldnt we start a new thread for 2012/13 Player transfer?

This Is AFL | AFL Forum that_dood's Avatar
    Team
    Perth Glory Arsenal
    Other
    Adelaide Crows
    Array
    Heppell likes this.
    Deluded Glory fan since 1996

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859