This Is AFL | AFL Forum that_dood's Avatar
    Team
    Perth Glory Arsenal
    Other
    Adelaide Crows
    Array

2012/2013 Player Signings/Transfer Activity Thread

Quote Originally Posted by footycool View Post
    Want Halloran so bad and reckon we will get him with Ange in the job.

Also, shouldnt we start a new thread for 2012/13 Player transfer?
    Here it is then. Post any signings or contract activity to do with the A-League in here for the new season. Should get busy soon with West Sydney to start trying to fill up a list for their inaurgral season.
    Deluded Glory fan since 1996

2. # ADS
    This Is AFL | AFL Forum

Please register to remove these annoying advertisements!

This Is AFL | AFL Forum Heppell's Avatar
    Array
    Ange has said he wants all local players signed by the end of may. After that he wants to get the Overseas players sorted.

Team
    Adelaide
    Other
    Adelaide United, Sunderland
    Array
    Saw in the other thread that Ange has his eye on Halloran, good to see the Victory have already learnt their lesson from last season

They would be utterly braindead to not re-sign Carlos, you only have to take 1 look at the Fox Sports top 10 goals of the season to see the quality of the man. Then there is obviously Kewell, and a vast array of attacking midfield talent in Rojas, Davies & Jeggo. YOU DON'T NEED ANY MORE ATTACKING FUCKING MIDFIELDERS.

I'd pay a transfer fee and get Mark Milligan on a permanent deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWizard View Post
    It's time brown quit. He is making AFL look stupid with the pompous way he takes a free. It's a wonder he doesn't put on sunglasses to take the kick. His use-by-date has come and gone. Replace him and the Lions and the AFL would be much better off.

Team
    West Ham
    Other
    Teams that lose to West Ham
    Array
    Ange is just doing what he did at Brisbane to be fair. He likes to have a ton of wide players, little in the way of strikers too. Victory will play the 4-3-3. ATM including Halloran itd look like

Velaphi
    ??? Leijer ??? Traore
    Rojas ??? Jeoggo
    Halloran Thompson Kewell

Covic Cernak Davis Ferriera

Halloran would be a much better get then retaining Hernandez IMO. Its a win in that trade off. Sign a Michael Thwaite and use the last 2 international spots on a DCM and a attacking RB
    Like I said before. He hits that we go 1-0 up. Eto'o doesn't score straight away, but with the way we set up, Chelsea would've scored, but we would've had 11 men, and who knows what would happen. Alas though

Team
    Adelaide
    Other
    Array
    I just mentioned it in the Toon thread but I'll mention it here too, Newcastle want Curtis Good permanently after impressing in a trial, so that should be a nice little earner for the Heart.

Also worth noting all Newcastle players have been told to look elsewhere since their future is under a cloud, the poor bloke in the middle of all this is James Brown who thought he got away from all that shit at GCU, a quality player is James. Mark Birrighitti is also in a similar situation, he signed a 2-year deal mid-year when Tinkler was in charge.

Interesting to see if the Victory retain Covic, he just won the club champion but I'm reasonably sure he was only on a 1-year deal, no doubt they want Flappy to be the number 1, considering the season Covic has just had I'm not sure he would be too happy to receive a back-up wage.
    It's time brown quit. He is making AFL look stupid with the pompous way he takes a free. It's a wonder he doesn't put on sunglasses to take the kick. His use-by-date has come and gone. Replace him and the Lions and the AFL would be much better off.

Team
    West Ham
    Other
    Array
    Back up wage is better then no wage at all. Sydney FC will be all over Mark Birrghitti. Kennedy will probably be off to the Heart. Time to move Bolton on.

Surprised Good got a permanent deal. You would think Behich, Marrone Babalj would have been off before him.
    Like I said before. He hits that we go 1-0 up. Eto'o doesn't score straight away, but with the way we set up, Chelsea would've scored, but we would've had 11 men, and who knows what would happen. Alas though

This Is AFL | AFL Forum Heppell's Avatar
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    Sydney FC will be all over Mark Birrghitti.
    Strong rumours linking his to us now since Ange has took over.

Team
    Adelaide
    Other
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by footycool View Post
    Strong rumours linking his to us now since Ange has took over.
    You have Covic, Velaphi & Thomas, wouldn't think he would go to MV, Heart would be the likely option.

As long as he is out of Adelaide I don't care, the bloke is an A grade cock-sucker.

Team
    Adelaide
    Other
    Array
    Glory have confirmed the signings of Zahra and Harold. Really looking forward to seeing Harold continue to develop, he is absolute lightning.

This Is AFL | AFL Forum Butchered's Avatar
    Team
    Port Adelaide
    Other
    Liverpool, Adelaide United, Socceroos, New Jersey Devils
    Array
    Adelaide signed Gold Coast youngster Jake Barker-Daish
    R.I.P John 'J-Mac' McCarthy

Team
    Adelaide
    Other
    Array
    The culling under Ange has started, Grant Brebner & Ante Covic have been told their contracts will not be renewed.

Covic may get a lifeline somewhere, but surely thats the end for Brebner.

Team
    West Ham
    Other
    Array
    Perth are pretty close to signing Michael Thwaite. He turned down there first contract offer but they have upped it since then. Assuming they have upped it to what he wants I cant see why he wouldnt sign it in the end

Team
    Adelaide
    Other
    Array
    Flores coming back to AU is starting to heat up.

Rumour is he's had it at Henan, he's just sitting on the bench and apparently AU have been in contact with Henan since January to nut out a deal. The key to all this is to flog off Van Dijk, who wants to return to Holland, to free up some funds.

I would give my left nut to make this happen, he adds 2-3k to the crowd. He loves Adelaide and his mrs still lives here, make it happen!

Team
    Adelaide
    Other
    Array
    Perth have signed WA youngsters Brandon O'Neill & Ndumba Makeche.

Anyone know anything about them?

Team
    West Ham
    Other
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    Perth have signed WA youngsters Brandon O'Neill & Ndumba Makeche.

Anyone know anything about them?
    Both from ECU Joondalup if I recall. Brandon O'Neill played a game this season in the centre of midfield. IIRC the other bloke is more a tall winger although he has never played for the Glory. Seem like some bargain bin fill ins for mine