Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

AFL Forum | This Is AFL | A-League | 2012 Hyundai A-League Grand Final - Brisbane Roar vs Perth Glory (Sun 22nd April)

Team
    West Coast Eagles
    Other
    Tottenham Hotspur!!
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Demba Ba View Post
    lol'd at the bottom one.

- how is that allowed?
    Shouldnt even be allowed in a regular season game let alone a grand fucking final.
    The closet Spurs fan:
    Quote Originally Posted by r dub View Post
    COME ONNNNNNNN YOUUUUUUUUUU SPURSSSSS!!!
    Sherwood in
    Sherwood out

Champions of TIAFL Neville Neville's Avatar
    Team
    Manchester United
    Other
    Essendon, Sporting Gijón
    Array
    What the fuck? A referee whose partner works for a club?

Strong conflict of interest is strong.
    TakingthePapiss and Corrosion like this.
    "That out there was proper Test match cricket, that was bloody hard" - Ryan Harris

Team
    Belgium, pride of EU
    Other
    Barça, Victory
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by archiemoses View Post
    Yeh there was enough contact to warrant a penalty decision in the 94th minute of the grand final in a game where your mrs works for the beneficiary.

Fuck off.
    The mrs stuff is an absolute farce, unbelievable really, but are you implying that it would've warranted a penalty decision in the 22nd minute of a normal league game then? That's just so wrong. There are plenty of fouls in the penalty area that don't get given (and would be given if they were outside the area or if it was the attacker committing the same foul on the defender) because the ref is scared to give a penalty, and they're all wrong decisions. Please let's not pretend this should be a standard correct thing in the game.

I don't really get the hype tbh. From what I saw he gets hit on the left leg which would've caused him to lose his balance.
    Queremos paz

Team
    West Coast
    Other
    Liverpool, Glory, Wildcats, Calgary Flames, Country Cats
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Kompany View Post
    The mrs stuff is an absolute farce, unbelievable really, but are you implying that it would've warranted a penalty decision in the 22nd minute of a normal league game then? That's just so wrong. There are plenty of fouls in the penalty area that don't get given (and would be given if they were outside the area or if it was the attacker committing the same foul on the defender) because the ref is scared to give a penalty, and they're all wrong decisions. Please let's not pretend this should be a standard correct thing in the game.

I don't really get the hype tbh. From what I saw he gets hit on the left leg which would've caused him to lose his balance.
    lel its not a penalty in any minute of the game let alone the final minute of a GF. If that is a penalty then maxi gets a penalty in the liverpool game last night. Far more contact there, but guess what? No penalty given! Only in the A-league.
    We're up all night to get lucky

Team
    Belgium, pride of EU
    Other
    Barça, Victory
    Array
    Why is it not a penalty?

In certain situations the smallest pull, push or contact with your body is enough to make you lose your balance (especially when you're about to play the ball and you find yourself in a slightly unnatural position), I've experienced that myself plenty of times. That's what it looked like to me.
    Queremos paz

Team
    West Coast
    Other
    Arsenal, NYK
    Array
    Why is it not a penalty?

In certain situations the smallest pull, push or contact with your body is enough to make you lose your balance (especially when you're about to play the ball and you find yourself in a slightly unnatural position), I've experienced that myself plenty of times. That's what it looked like to me.
    If that's a penalty there should be at least 10 penalties a game. Also aren't you the one that says that cesc penalty we got against barca was wrong? There goes your argument.
    How does it feel to be Tottenham? How does it feel to be small? You sold Bale. We signed Mesut Özil, Mesut Özil, Mesut Özil.

meh
    Team
    Adelaide
    Other
    Adelaide United, Sunderland
    Array
    lel its not a penalty in any minute of the game let alone the final minute of a GF. If that is a penalty then maxi gets a penalty in the liverpool game last night. Far more contact there, but guess what? No penalty given! Only in the A-league.
    Shit penalty calls aren't exclusive to the A-League.

I hate to be that guy, but you find me one person who didn't think it was a penalty to the naked eye. It looked a pen, no doubt.

I'm not convinced there was no contact, but you can't condone the way Berisha acted in the following moments.
    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWizard View Post
    It's time brown quit. He is making AFL look stupid with the pompous way he takes a free. It's a wonder he doesn't put on sunglasses to take the kick. His use-by-date has come and gone. Replace him and the Lions and the AFL would be much better off.

Team
    West Coast
    Other
    Array
    I disagree, I thought he dived but it some decisions it is very hard to see from the naked eye. That is why a review system is a must, especially in a sport like soccer where a goal is so crucial and significant decisions are made incorrectly more than any other sport in this world.
    Corrosion likes this.

This Is AFL | AFL Forum Corrosion's Avatar
    Team
    CARLTON
    Other
    Arsenal
    Array
    Why is it not a penalty?

Because he is not touched or clipped at any stage.

It is just him being unco at his shot at goal and getting it all mixed up and then falling to the ground whilst flailing his arms.

I don't agree that there should be a Grand Final to decide the league, it should be decided after the regular season. However, if you're going to have a finals system then basic fucking technology should be introduced to stop a repeat of this fucking circus from happening again.

P.s. Wasn't the equalising goal from last year's final against CCM actually a goal kick instead of the corner that Brisbane scored the equaliser from? If that is the case then fuck me do they get the rub of the green in major games.

meh
    Team
    Adelaide
    Other
    Adelaide United, Sunderland
    Array
    I disagree, I thought he dived but it some decisions it is very hard to see from the naked eye. That is why a review system is a must, especially in a sport like soccer where a goal is so crucial and significant decisions are made incorrectly more than any other sport in this world.
    Does the FFA have the power to introduce something or does this purely have to come from FIFA? Stupid question but I ask because the A-League remains the only league in the world that has suspended players for simulation. How far can federations go without getting overruled?
    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWizard View Post
    It's time brown quit. He is making AFL look stupid with the pompous way he takes a free. It's a wonder he doesn't put on sunglasses to take the kick. His use-by-date has come and gone. Replace him and the Lions and the AFL would be much better off.

Team
    West Coast
    Other
    Arsenal, NYK
    Array
    Not really viable, could you imagine how many incidents would be reviewed? It's not like cricket where it doesn't affect the game much, football is a continuous sport.
    How does it feel to be Tottenham? How does it feel to be small? You sold Bale. We signed Mesut Özil, Mesut Özil, Mesut Özil.

Team
    West Coast
    Other
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by r dub View Post
    Not really viable, could you imagine how many incidents would be reviewed? It's not like cricket where it doesn't affect the game much, football is a continuous sport.
    Penalty decisions occur once or twice a game. Why can't they be referred?

Champions of TIAFL Neville Neville's Avatar
    Team
    Manchester United
    Other
    Essendon, Sporting Gijón
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    Does the FFA have the power to introduce something or does this purely have to come from FIFA? Stupid question but I ask because the A-League remains the only league in the world that has suspended players for simulation. How far can federations go without getting overruled?
    Different situations. Suspending of players beyond the mandatory doesn't involve an actual change in the laws of the game, it can quite happily be left to individual football associations. Introducing video replays is a fundamental law change and would require FIFA approval.
    "That out there was proper Test match cricket, that was bloody hard" - Ryan Harris

Team
    West Coast
    Other
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    Was on sports central tonight and basically FIFA have all the power. They govern the game and every country has to follow their rules. So I don't think any national football association could implement their own changes to the game, it has to start with FIFA.

And we know how fucking good those ****s are

Team
    West Coast
    Other
    Arsenal, NYK
    Array
    Penalty decisions occur once or twice a game. Why can't they be referred?
    Opens a can of worms where every questionable incident will be referred imo.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast