Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 206
Like Tree71Likes

AFL Forum | This Is AFL | A-League | 2012 Hyundai A-League Grand Final - Brisbane Roar vs Perth Glory (Sun 22nd April)

  1. #151
    meh
    meh is offline
    Super Moderator meh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    9,955
    Team
    Adelaide
    Other
    Adelaide United, Sunderland
    Array
    Rep Power:       24
    Reputation:       6366
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post

    P.s. Wasn't the equalising goal from last year's final against CCM actually a goal kick instead of the corner that Brisbane scored the equaliser from? If that is the case then fuck me do they get the rub of the green in major games.
    It was a corner but the Roar player (Visconte I think) clattered Pedj Bojic over in the lead up for the ball going out for a corner. It should have been a Bojic free-kick.
    Corrosion likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWizard View Post
    It's time brown quit. He is making AFL look stupid with the pompous way he takes a free. It's a wonder he doesn't put on sunglasses to take the kick. His use-by-date has come and gone. Replace him and the Lions and the AFL would be much better off.

  2. #152
    Champions of TIAFL Neville Neville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Gijˇn del alma
    Posts
    15,258
    Team
    Manchester United
    Other
    Essendon, Sporting Gijˇn
    Array
    Rep Power:       40
    Reputation:       11117
    Quote Originally Posted by r dub View Post
    Opens a can of worms where every questionable incident will be referred imo.
    Undoubtedly. It's never as simple as it sounds.
    "That out there was proper Test match cricket, that was bloody hard" - Ryan Harris

  3. #153
    This Is AFL | AFL Forum Corrosion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    1,121
    Team
    CARLTON
    Other
    Arsenal
    Array
    Rep Power:       5
    Reputation:       672
    Quote Originally Posted by Kompany View Post
    I don't really get the hype tbh. From what I saw he gets hit on the left leg which would've caused him to lose his balance.


    I fail to see contact on Berisha. All I see his him take an unco air swing and lose control from unco air swing. His celebration afterwards is fucking pathetic too.

  4. #154
    This Is AFL | AFL Forum Corrosion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    1,121
    Team
    CARLTON
    Other
    Arsenal
    Array
    Rep Power:       5
    Reputation:       672
    Quote Originally Posted by Neville Neville View Post
    Undoubtedly. It's never as simple as it sounds.
    Agree with the can of worms. I think video technology should be the way to go for leagues that play a finals system like the A-League. During the course of the season the average teams are always found out and it never makes much difference to the final ladder positions in general. However, I'd be all for it being introduced in finals games where it is just the one of game and everything is on the line.

  5. #155
    Like a Boas Dogbloke V2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    los santos
    Posts
    13,631
    Team
    West Coast Eagles
    Other
    Tottenham Hotspur!!
    Array
    Rep Power:       51
    Reputation:       17596
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
    Because he is not touched or clipped at any stage.

    It is just him being unco at his shot at goal and getting it all mixed up and then falling to the ground whilst flailing his arms.

    I don't agree that there should be a Grand Final to decide the league, it should be decided after the regular season. However, if you're going to have a finals system then basic fucking technology should be introduced to stop a repeat of this fucking circus from happening again.

    P.s. Wasn't the equalising goal from last year's final against CCM actually a goal kick instead of the corner that Brisbane scored the equaliser from? If that is the case then fuck me do they get the rub of the green in major games.
    No but I think the question raised was the clear foul leading up to it on the by line
    Corrosion likes this.
    The closet Spurs fan:
    Quote Originally Posted by r dub View Post
    COME ONNNNNNNN YOUUUUUUUUUU SPURSSSSS!!!
    Sherwood in
    Sherwood out

  6. #156
    This Is AFL | AFL Forum Corrosion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    1,121
    Team
    CARLTON
    Other
    Arsenal
    Array
    Rep Power:       5
    Reputation:       672
    Yeah my memory was hazy from last year's Grand Final but knew something happened that gave Brisbane the goal that shouldn't have been. Thanks to you and Meh for clearing that up.

  7. #157
    Diable Rouge Kompany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,716
    Team
    Belgium, pride of EU
    Other
    Barša, Victory
    Array
    Rep Power:       9
    Reputation:       2786
    Quote Originally Posted by r dub View Post
    If that's a penalty there should be at least 10 penalties a game.
    A striker gets impeded by a defender the second he's about to shoot? Yes that's a penalty.

    The fact that there should be at least 10 per game is not an argument. A penalty is a penalty.

    Quote Originally Posted by r dub
    Also aren't you the one that says that cesc penalty we got against barca was wrong? There goes your argument.
    Yes and the basis for that discussion was that Puyol played the ball as far as I remember.

    Quote Originally Posted by Corrosion
    Because he is not touched or clipped at any stage.
    No, he clearly got clipped. If you missed TWG, try to see it if they have it online - they just showed a zillion repeats of the incident and the contact is 100% clear. Berisha's left leg clearly makes an unnatural movement because of the contact and even touches the ball, which makes his right completely miss it. (I just saw you posted that vid, won't watch it - really, watch TWG, it's 100% clear there.)

    In fact, it was a brilliant decision by the ref and the discussion actually went about how he would've been able to see it in real time.
    Queremos paz

  8. #158
    One betting disc please Gamblor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    on Sportingbet
    Posts
    3,202
    Team
    West Coast Eagles
    Other
    Chelsea
    Array
    Rep Power:       13
    Reputation:       3560


    3 Grand Finals have been decided by horrible ref calls at the death. Exemplifies why this game will never compete with AFL and the like.

    PS. The irony of Mark Shield commenting on bad penalty calls in Grand Finals
    Last edited by Gamblor; 24th April 2012 at 12:28 AM.
    Things more accurate than Melbourne:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    America in their search for Osama Bin Laden
    My curse powers dun good?

  9. #159
    One betting disc please Gamblor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    on Sportingbet
    Posts
    3,202
    Team
    West Coast Eagles
    Other
    Chelsea
    Array
    Rep Power:       13
    Reputation:       3560
    The ever so slight contact from Miller was hardly sufficient, considering Berisha has another couple of steps after that, he's off balance already before he even shoots. The linesman (not Cheeseman) was considerably worse than Gillett all night anyway. I swear a Brisbane player could've punted the ball into row Z and he wouldn't award us a throw. I counted at least half a dozen clear cut Glory throw ins awarded to Brisbane.

    By the way, no-one has mentioned so far that Berisha was actually coming back from an offside position, there's a ton of pictures on the Glory hate pages on Facebook.
    Things more accurate than Melbourne:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    America in their search for Osama Bin Laden
    My curse powers dun good?

  10. #160
    azm
    azm is online now
    Ya bish azm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    6,881
    Team
    Frye
    Array
    Rep Power:       43
    Reputation:       17005
    lets be honest Cheeseman should have been the ref.

    i have been umpired by him before, the man is a top bloke
    #TIACMB

    ALEX SMITH MAN

  11. #161
    Diable Rouge Kompany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,716
    Team
    Belgium, pride of EU
    Other
    Barša, Victory
    Array
    Rep Power:       9
    Reputation:       2786
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    The ever so slight contact from Miller was hardly sufficient, considering Berisha has another couple of steps after that, he's off balance already before he even shoots.
    Mate, you're just wrong. The contact was sufficient - you clearly see Berisha's left leg move inward because of the contact. This is a movement he could've impossibly done himself and even if he could, why on earth would he when he's about to shoot on goal?

    Secondly, he didn't have another couple of steps after that. His left foot hit the ground again, that's all, and before it hit the ground, his foot touched the ball, which made it bounce up and because of that his right foot completely missed the shot.

    Seriously, watch TWG (they show it in the first 5-10 minutes) - they've covered it excellently. It's a 100% penalty and a brilliant call by the ref as it would've been extremely hard to spot in real time (hence the discussion if he actually saw it or not).
    Queremos paz

  12. #162
    One betting disc please Gamblor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    on Sportingbet
    Posts
    3,202
    Team
    West Coast Eagles
    Other
    Chelsea
    Array
    Rep Power:       13
    Reputation:       3560
    Sorry nothing is going to change my mind on that, the left leg hits the ball but he was well and truly off balance before any contact was made IMO the contact didnt make a difference. Btw you went off at Drogba for less than that this time last week

    He never should've got past all those defenders in the first place (should've been called offside as well) and in the end it's probably irrelevant as we weren't going to win it in extra time, but his demeanour was disgraceful.
    Things more accurate than Melbourne:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    America in their search for Osama Bin Laden
    My curse powers dun good?

  13. #163
    One betting disc please Gamblor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    on Sportingbet
    Posts
    3,202
    Team
    West Coast Eagles
    Other
    Chelsea
    Array
    Rep Power:       13
    Reputation:       3560
    Quote Originally Posted by Demba Ba View Post
    Where is their left-back?

    Conveniently out of the picture.
    Sent off the pitch for being a dumb **** about 2 minutes before that.

    Howarth was the covering left back and he's at the bottom of the screen.

    That linesman was awful and continually favoured Brisbane all night, his bullshit throw in decisions were getting laughable. Cheeseman is a very good linesman, only ranga I respect

    Berisha is well n truly offside in the lead up.
    Things more accurate than Melbourne:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    America in their search for Osama Bin Laden
    My curse powers dun good?

  14. #164
    Diable Rouge Kompany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,716
    Team
    Belgium, pride of EU
    Other
    Barša, Victory
    Array
    Rep Power:       9
    Reputation:       2786
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    Sorry nothing is going to change my mind on that, the left leg hits the ball but he was well and truly off balance before any contact was made IMO the contact didnt make a difference. Btw you went off at Drogba for less than that this time last week
    Did you watch TWG? I can't believe I still need to defend this decision when they showed how correct it was.

    This was nothing like Drogba's dives. Not sure if you're serious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor
    He never should've got past all those defenders in the first place (should've been called offside as well) and in the end it's probably irrelevant as we weren't going to win it in extra time, but his demeanour was disgraceful.
    That's nice and all but it's also completely irrelevant.
    Queremos paz

  15. #165
    #SAS archiemoses's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    11,075
    Team
    West Coast
    Other
    Liverpool, Glory, Wildcats, Calgary Flames, Country Cats
    Array
    Rep Power:       34
    Reputation:       10476
    If its offside, the flag goes up and no penalty given. So it's very relevant.
    Gamblor and Dogbloke V2 like this.
    We're up all night to get lucky

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •