Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Community

Team
    Essington
    Other
    Arsenal (August - Feb)
    Array
    Episode 20 out now.

Vale productive day off (lel like that was ever going to happen).

Team
    Essington
    Other
    Arsenal (August - Feb)
    Array
    Not LotR but still awesome

Array
    Didnt really like the actual finale episode itself, if that was the series finale i would have been disappointed.

20 and 21 were brilliant though.
    RIP Manorei, dropping the fait in heaven

@CaptainUniverse James Pattinson's Avatar
    Team
    #TeamSabine
    Other
    #TeamSabine
    Array
    #TeamSabine

Team
    Melbourne
    Other
    OKC
    Array
    ( •_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)
    YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ein Land, Eine Mannschaft drd23's Avatar
    Team
    Essendon
    Other
    Baltimore Ravens
    Array
    And a whole lot of the writers/producers and the directors arent going to be working on the show next season either.

This is quickly going to turn into one of those seasons at the end of the show that should never have happened (like the last season of Scrubs where pretty much none of the original characters were around, or Season 2 of Human Target)

Team
    Essendon
    Other
    Baltimore Ravens
    Array

Team
    Jacoby Jones
    Array
    #believe

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrigan View Post
    Fuck you Russ you fuckin hack.
    quarterbacking hoes

Team
    Hawthorn
    Other
    Liverpool
    Array
    Fuck sake, this season may be very average.

Team
    Western Bulldogs
    Array
    Dan Harmon explains a little bit on tumblr.

Dan Harmon Poops, HEY, DID I MISS ANYTHING?
    HEY, DID I MISS ANYTHING?
    Kids:
    A few hours ago, I landed in Los Angeles, turned on my phone, and confirmed what you already know. Sony Pictures Television is replacing me as showrunner on Community, with two seasoned fellows that I’m sure are quite nice - actually, I have it on good authority they’re quite nice, because they once created a show and cast my good friend Jeff Davis on it, so how bad can they be.

Why’d Sony want me gone? I can’t answer that because I’ve been in as much contact with them as you have. They literally haven’t called me since the season four pickup, so their reasons for replacing me are clearly none of my business. Community is their property, I only own ten percent of it, and I kind of don’t want to hear what their complaints are because I’m sure it would hurt my feelings even more now that I’d be listening for free.
    I do want to correct a couple points of spin, now that I’m free to do so:

The important one is this quote from Bob Greenblatt in which he says he’s sure I’m going to be involved somehow, something like that. That’s a misquote. I think he meant to say he’s sure cookies are yummy, because he’s never called me once in the entire duration of his employment at NBC. He didn’t call me to say he was starting to work there, he didn’t call me to say I was no longer working there and he definitely didn’t call to ask if I was going to be involved. I’m not saying it’s wrong for him to have bigger fish to fry, I’m just saying, NBC is not a credible source of All News Dan Harmon.

You may have read that I am technically “signed on,” by default, to be an executive consulting something or other - which is a relatively standard protective clause for a creator in my position. Guys like me can’t actually just be shot and left in a ditch by Skynet, we’re still allowed to have a title on the things we create and “help out,” like, I guess sharpening pencils and stuff.

However, if I actually chose to go to the office, I wouldn’t have any power there. Nobody would have to do anything I said, ever. I would be “offering” thoughts on other people’s scripts, not allowed to rewrite them, not allowed to ask anyone else to rewrite them, not allowed to say whether a single joke was funny or go near the edit bay, etc. It’s….not really the way the previous episodes got done. I was what you might call a….hands on producer. Are my….periods giving this enough….pointedness? I’m not saying you can’t make a good version of Community without me, but I am definitely saying that you can’t make my version of it unless I have the option of saying “it has to be like this or I quit” roughly 8 times a day.'

The same contract also gives me the same salary and title if I spend all day masturbating and playing Prototype 2. And before you ask yourself what you would do in my situation: buy Prototype 2. It’s fucking great.

Because Prototype 2 is great, and because nobody called me, and then started hiring people to run the show, I had my assistant start packing up my office days ago. I’m sorry. I’m not saying seasons 1, 2 and 3 were my definition of perfect television, I’m just saying that whatever they’re going to do for season 4, they’re aiming to do without my help. So do not believe anyone that tells you on Monday that I quit or diminished my role so I could spend more time with my loved ones, or that I negotiated and we couldn’t come to an agreement, etc. It couldn’t be less true because, just to make this clear, literally nobody called me. Also don’t believe anyone that says I have sex with animals. And if there’s a photo of me doing it with an animal - I’m not saying one exists, I’m just saying, if one surfaces - it’s a fake. Look at the shadow. Why would it be in front of the giraffe if the sun is behind the jeep?

Where was I? Oh yeah. I’m not running Community for season 4. They replaced me. Them’s the facts.

When I was a kid, sometimes I’d run home to Mommy with a bloody nose and say, “Mom, my friends beat me up,” and my Mom would say “well then they’re not worth having as friends, are they?” At the time, I figured she was just trying to put a postive spin on having birthed an unpopular pussy. But this is, after all, the same lady that bought me my first typewriter. Then later, a Commodore 64. And later, a 300 baud modem for it. Through which I met new friends that did like me much, much more.

I’m 39, now. The friends my Mom warned me about are bigger now, and older, bloodying my nose with old world numbers, and old world tactics, like, oh, I don’t know, sending out press releases to TV Guide at 7pm on a Friday.
    But my Commodore 64 is mobile now, like yours, and the modems are invisible, and the internet is the air all around us. And the good friends, the real friends, are finding each other, and connecting with each other, and my Mom is turning out to be more right than ever.

Ah, shit, I still haven’t called my fucking Mom.

Mom, Happy Mother’s Day. I got fired.

Yes, Mom. AGAIN.
    :trolley:
    Quote Originally Posted by trigg View Post
    Remember when GZA offered me a tequilla shot and I daid no? Mist epic loss EVER! At the republic my maye Joe did say to GZA 'Ssee you round man!!' When we went backstage - you know,cause GZA hangs around Hobart.

Pride of South Australia Big Sledge's Avatar
    Team
    Adelaide Crows
    Other
    Baltimore Ravens, Oregon Ducks & #TeamMasto
    Array

Anyone notice this before?
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrell Suggs
    “We beat the future in Andrew Luck. We beat the past in Peyton Manning. We beat the present in Tom Brady. Then we beat the best show on offense in the NFL in the 49ers in Colin Kaepernick. The toughest road in these playoffs, we did it. We did it together.”
    Quote Originally Posted by CumDusty View Post
    torn between my love for Sledge and my love for sluts...

Pride of South Australia Big Sledge's Avatar
    Team
    Adelaide Crows
    Other
    Baltimore Ravens, Oregon Ducks & #TeamMasto
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrell Suggs
    “We beat the future in Andrew Luck. We beat the past in Peyton Manning. We beat the present in Tom Brady. Then we beat the best show on offense in the NFL in the 49ers in Colin Kaepernick. The toughest road in these playoffs, we did it. We did it together.”
    Quote Originally Posted by CumDusty View Post
    torn between my love for Sledge and my love for sluts...

Team
    Hawthorn
    Other
    Liverpool
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Sledge View Post

Holy shizen!

Wut?

Array
    Leaked Memo: 'Community' Studio Tells Cast How to Address Dan Harmon Firing - Hollywood Reporter

Team Community:
    With last night's news of David Guarascio and Moses Port as new showrunners/EPs on "Community" running in the press, and since we know that cast members have interviews coming up this week, I wanted to forward some messaging we hope our cast will find helpful as they navigate questions that will undoubtedly come up. I know that David and Moses are reaching out to them all directly but I've also heard from some of the actors that they'd like some guidance on the topic.
    I saw some of the tweets that went out and wereglad they all addressed their own sentiments quickly, and we're hoping that the news will lose some steam over the next day, especially if we're not perpetuating the topic in any way

We're tracking the coverage and conversation and will circle back if we feel the need to reshift our plan or messaging. Please let me know if you have questions.

Why did Dan get let go from the show?
    We're not made aware of why staffing changes take place but I will always be grateful to Dan for his great work on the show and wish him only the best. We're also excited that we'll be back on NBC's schedule in the fall and are looking forward to working on those episodes.

Were you aware that Dan was going to be let go?
    No, that's not something we're consulted on. I'm sad to see him go but I am looking forward to starting our next 13 episodes of "Community."

Did the studio or network consult with you about these changes?
    No they didn't but we're looking forward to working with David Guarascio & Moses Port on a new season of Community.

What are their plans for the new season?
    It's a little early to say at this point but we're looking forward the stories our characters will find themselves in come Sept.
    Are they looking forward to next season?
    RIP Manorei, dropping the fait in heaven

Team
    Essendon
    Other
    Baltimore Ravens
    Array

Yes, it was all over most forums that discussed Community at the time of the episode